While scouring pinterest for healthy recipes I came across Greek Yogurt Pancakes. Oh let me tell you they were not only healthy, but delicious too. I have been trying to drop some lbs and my sister has put me on a diet where I am eliminating bad carbs. This certainly is difficult for me because I LOVE ME SOME PANCAKES. Well this was a great substitution and I didn’t feel all sleepy and full like I always do after chowing down on a stack of pancakes. It is super easy and the whole batch was 394 calories*
*I used organic unbleached flour from Whole Foods and Costco greek yogurt. Calories may differ if you use different ingredients.
I added some blue berries as a topping with a bit of maple syrup. Next time I will probably add a little vanilla and cinnamon to the batch to additional flavor.
- 6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- scant 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Mix the yogurt and egg together in a small bowl. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.
- Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.
- Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Enjoy!