Hello there strangers! Jessica and I took a few days hiatus since the past week has been busy, busy. We are back now and are looking forward to getting on a routine again as we move into the summer.
Today starts part of a new series we would like to add on the blog, fitness tips from our resident trainer (and my sister) Lauren. Lauren is a certified personal trainer and works at The Colosseum Gym in Columbia, MD. She will not only kick your ass to get you in shape, but provides nutritional guidance and is quite motivational. Lauren is a trainer that practices what she preaches. She competed in her first fitness competition this past March and she did awesome! I have never seen someone with such dedication. She literally worked her butt off, ate super clean and healthy, and lifted heavy. She is proof that anyone can get the results they want with hard work.
Here are some of her before and after pics…aren’t they amazing?! Check out her Facebook page.
It’s hard sticking to a diet when everyone else is eating whatever they want. Here are some tips that she followed/follows when she goes out to eat.
Lauren’s 5 Tips for Sticking to that Diet While Dining Out:
1) Eat before you go- Don’t avoid eating all day to eat your face off dining out. Eat a little something before you go so you are less likely to eat an appetizer, chips, or bread that is on the table.
2) Stick to meat and veggies- Pick entrees that are protein and veggie heavy. Most restaurants give you the option to substitute. As hard as it may be, opt for the side salad versus the french fries.
3) If you’re going to drink stick to Vodka. Wine has a lot of sugar.
4) Allow yourself 1-2 cheat meals a week. Meals. Not days.
5) Plan ahead. Check out the menu before going and suggest restaurants that offer healthier options.