It pains me to say this, but we are in the middle of an extra cold spurt here in NYC (over it). I CANNOT wait for the first day of Spring, in-fact I am currently pining away for that day. The colder the weather gets, the longer it takes me to get ready. I find there are so many more steps involved on those mornings when Mother Nature decides to punch you in the face with 10 degree weather (yeah, shit gets real). On these mornings you have to put on extra layers when getting dressed: a ticker scarf, puffery jacket, bulkier gloves…more lotion. Yeah you read that correctly, and not in the Silence of Lambs kind of manner either.
Ever since moving from the land of constant humidity I have been on a never-ending quest to get my skin back to its natural state of…rest; a.k.a what is all this dried out business?! So far my struggles have brought me to the mercy of these fine products, which are getting me through the day as we speak.
1. L’Occitane hand cream $28– The quintessential hand lotion, it is light enough that it doesn’t leave you feeling greasy, yet strong enough to quench the driest hands. This is the perfect day hand cream.
2. Aquaphor healing ointment $15– A little on the heavier side, this is ideal for those days when the temperature dips well below freezing. I find it best to apply this on my hands right before I go to bed. TIP: A little goes a long way.
3. Fresh Rose Face Mask $55– I love Fresh products, especially this one. This mask not only hydrates your face, it also provides a nice aroma while doing so. I like to use this at least once a week to provide some additional hydration between my daily day and night creams. I also like to stop and smell the roses.
4. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm $3– I have tried every lip balm under the sun, but always come back to Burt’s Bees. I love the fact that it is all natural, so when your lips seem chapped you know it is because they are chapped and not because of the ingredients.
5. Clear conditioner $5– When the temperatures drop my scalp freaks out, and starts to become dry and flaky (gag). I have tried a variety of products and natural remedies, but none compare to the results I get with Clear. This conditioner does an excellent job of rehydrating both my hair and its origins.
6. Cetaphil Daily Advanced Ultra Hydrating Lotion $13– Just apply after getting out of the shower, and you won’t be bothered by that dry cracked skin feeling EVER.
Got any recos? Hit me with your best shot…