I’ve never met a french fry I didn’t like. I mean how can you pass up tasty fried, salty, deliciousness? Well since they are not friendly to the waist line I have been making Sweet Potato Fries to curb that craving. Sweet potatoes have tons healthy nutrients and baking them makes them absolutely irresistible. They are a perfect side to any meal and they satisfy that salty carb craving.
Did you ever try my Zucchini fries? You should!
Ingredients: (Below is the simplest form, so have fun with it)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- *Variations-Adobo Seasoning, Oregano, Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut potatoes into long skinny pieces- my husband deserves a shout-out because he always cuts them for me.
- I leave the skin on, I like the way it tastes and the nutrients are in the skin- you can peel them if you would like.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and toss with olive oil and seasonings- enough so each piece is coated evenly.
- Bake 10-12 min on each side. Cook longer if you want them crispier, I like them soft.
I would love to hear your variations if you have made them before! What seasonings do you use?